Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Endocyte ( ECYT) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Endocyte as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ECYT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $58.0 million.
- ECYT has traded 131,843 shares today.
- ECYT is up 3.4% today.
- ECYT was down 7.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ECYT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ECYT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ECYT: Endocyte, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, develops targeted therapies for the treatment of cancer and inflammatory diseases in the United States. The company uses its proprietary technology to create novel small molecule drug conjugates (SMDCs) and companion imaging agents. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Endocyte a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Endocyte has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Endocyte has a market cap of $850.1 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.19 and a short float of 16.4% with 2.16 days to cover. Shares are up 103.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Endocyte as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 241.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.85 million to -$2.90 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, ENDOCYTE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$9.88 million or 262.42% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- ENDOCYTE INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENDOCYTE INC reported poor results of -$0.50 versus -$0.47 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.10 versus -$0.50).
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ECYT's share price has jumped by 79.47%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in ECYT do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Endocyte Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.