Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Praxair ( PX) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Praxair fell $1.77 (-1.4%) to $129.46 on light volume. Throughout the day, 844,482 shares of Praxair exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,316,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $129.39-$132.25 after having opened the day at $132.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $131.23. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), down 19.7%, U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), down 4.6%, Pure Cycle Corporation ( PCYO), down 4.2% and Fuelcell Energy ( FCEL), down 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Praxair Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.