Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. HCP ( HCP) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, HCP rose $0.46 (1.2%) to $39.47 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,787,031 shares of HCP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,248,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.96-$39.68 after having opened the day at $39.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.01. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Maui Land & Pineapple Company ( MLP), up 23.7%, Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), up 11.9%, Institutional Financial Markets ( IFMI), up 4.1% and China HGS Real Estate ( HGSH), up 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full HCP Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.