Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Eagle Materials ( EXP) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, Eagle Materials rose $1.04 (1.2%) to $90.29 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,328,496 shares of Eagle Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 685,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $88.76-$94.25 after having opened the day at $89.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.25. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), up 11.9%, Empresas ICA S.A.B. de C.V ( ICA), up 5.9%, Cemex S.A.B. de C.V ( CX), up 5.0% and Avalon Holdings ( AWX), up 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Eagle Materials Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.