Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified DepoMed ( DEPO) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified DepoMed as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DEPO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.5 million.
- DEPO has traded 453,814 shares today.
- DEPO is up 3.6% today.
- DEPO was down 6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DEPO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DEPO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DEPO: Depomed, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, focuses on developing products for pain and other conditions, and diseases of the central nervous system in the United States. DEPO has a PE ratio of 19.8. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate DepoMed a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for DepoMed has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. DepoMed has a market cap of $813.3 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.78 and a short float of 6.8% with 4.47 days to cover. Shares are up 35.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DepoMed as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DEPO's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 52.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, DEPOMED INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1128.57% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 140.03% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DEPO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 1228.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$3.70 million to $41.80 million.
- You can view the full DepoMed Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.