Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Energy Company of Minas Gerais ( CIG) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Energy Company of Minas Gerais fell $0.15 (-2.1%) to $6.84 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,047,667 shares of Energy Company of Minas Gerais exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,114,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $6.84-$7.07 after having opened the day at $7.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.99. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: GreenHunter Resources ( GRH), down 8.0%, Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), down 6.2%, Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), down 3.7% and U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), down 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Energy Company of Minas Gerais Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.