Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. XL Group ( XL) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, XL Group rose $0.34 (1.1%) to $31.41 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,281,198 shares of XL Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,118,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.05-$31.43 after having opened the day at $31.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.07. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: American Spectrum Realty ( AQQ), up 10.4%, Roberts Realty Investors ( RPI), up 6.7%, WVS Financial ( WVFC), up 6.5% and OptimumBank Holdings ( OPHC), up 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full XL Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.