Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. EOG Resources ( EOG) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, EOG Resources rose $1.54 (1.6%) to $100.65 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,993,652 shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,951,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $99.26-$101.50 after having opened the day at $99.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $99.11. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Anadarko Petroleum ( APC), up 14.5%, Lucas Energy ( LEI), up 14.1%, Magellan Petroleum Corporation ( MPET), up 10.4% and MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), up 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.