Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. First Horizon National ( FHN) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, First Horizon National rose $0.15 (1.2%) to $12.56 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,070,009 shares of First Horizon National exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,978,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $12.36-$12.60 after having opened the day at $12.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.41. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: WVS Financial ( WVFC), up 6.5%, OptimumBank Holdings ( OPHC), up 6.0%, First United ( FUNC), up 4.0% and Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria ( BBVA), up 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full First Horizon National Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.