Vision-Sciences' EndoSheath® Technology Offers a Solution ORANGEBURG, N.Y., April 3, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- A recent peer reviewed article published March 19, 2014 in The BMJ* by Steve Brozak and Anne Marie Noronha again establishes a case for an alternative to the conventional endoscope cleaning process and reviews why conventional cleaning puts patients at risk of infection. The publication, " A 21st century nosocomial issue with endoscopes," identifies the sterile, disposable EndoSheath ® Technology from Vision-Sciences as a safe, cost-effective alternative to conventional flexible endoscopes. Key points stated in the BMJ article:
- Reprocessing conventional flexible endoscopes is "time consuming, labor intensive, expensive and, most importantly, susceptible to failure."
- Due to "limited surveillance, limited reporting, and lack of immediate clinical symptoms of patients," experts agree that cross-contamination is significantly under-reported.
- Infections "resulting from scope contamination breaks the trust between patients and doctors and places a financial burden on healthcare institutions."
- Research shows that using EndoSheath Technology and its simplified cleaning and disinfection procedure offers "a vast improvement over current decontamination procedures."
- EndoSheath Technology eliminates "unreliable and cumbersome reprocessing" of conventional endoscopes by condensing the protocol into just a few steps, and "reduces reprocessing time by up to 31 minutes."
- Due to its design, EndoSheath Technology is "more cost effective, reduces repair costs, and decreases investment in multiple scopes that are out of operation while being cleaned."
www.visionsciences.com. Vision-Sciences owns the trademark Vision Sciences™ and the registered trademarks EndoSheath ®, EndoWipe ®, Slide-On ®, and The Vision System ®. * The BMJ (formerly British Medical Journal): "A 21st century nosocomial issue with endoscopes" (Subscriber access only: http://www.bmj.com/content/348/bmj.g2047 | Full text (free version): http://www.wbbsec.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/BMJ-endoscope-infections-OPED.pdf)
CONTACT: Keith J. C. Darragh VP, Finance Vision-Sciences, Inc. (845) 365-0600 email@example.com