Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. VeriSign ( VRSN) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, VeriSign fell $1.12 (-2.1%) to $52.83 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,737,804 shares of VeriSign exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,981,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $52.70-$54.36 after having opened the day at $54.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.95. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: SK Telecom ( SKM), down 5.3%, GTT Communications ( GTT), down 4.7%, Sky-mobi ( MOBI), down 4.6% and Elephant Talk Communications ( ETAK), down 4.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full VeriSign Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.