Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Vulcan Materials Company ( VMC) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Vulcan Materials Company fell $0.76 (-1.1%) to $65.72 on light volume. Throughout the day, 735,549 shares of Vulcan Materials Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,045,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $65.51-$66.59 after having opened the day at $66.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.48. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: China Ceramics ( CCCL), down 3.0%, Patrick Industries ( PATK), down 2.4%, India Globalization Capital ( IGC), down 2.3% and Installed Building Products ( IBP), down 2.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Vulcan Materials Company Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.