Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NRG Energy ( NRG) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, NRG Energy rose $0.47 (1.5%) to $32.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,802,904 shares of NRG Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,733,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.50-$32.20 after having opened the day at $31.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.68. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR.B), up 5.9%, Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR), up 5.4%, Energy Company of Minas Gerais ( CIG), up 4.5% and Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), up 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full NRG Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.