Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alcatel-Lucent ( ALU) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Alcatel-Lucent rose $0.11 (2.7%) to $4.16 on light volume. Throughout the day, 7,549,595 shares of Alcatel-Lucent exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,350,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $4.12-$4.19 after having opened the day at $4.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.05. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Otelco ( OTEL), up 10.1%, Ambient Corporation ( AMBT), up 9.1%, Novatel Wireless ( NVTL), up 6.2% and Envivio ( ENVI), up 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Alcatel-Lucent Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.