Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Principal Financial Group ( PFG) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Principal Financial Group rose $0.57 (1.2%) to $47.44 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,361,747 shares of Principal Financial Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,398,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.78-$47.47 after having opened the day at $46.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.87. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Supertel Hospitality ( SPPR), up 12.0%, Sun Bancorp ( SNBC), up 11.2%, Income Opportunity Realty Investors ( IOT), up 10.1% and Transcontinental Realty Investors ( TCI), up 8.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Principal Financial Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.