Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PacWest Bancorp ( PACW) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, PacWest Bancorp rose $0.96 (2.1%) to $45.67 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,384,655 shares of PacWest Bancorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 700,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.68-$45.73 after having opened the day at $44.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.71. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Sun Bancorp ( SNBC), up 11.2%, Mackinac Financial Corporation ( MFNC), up 6.6%, First United ( FUNC), up 6.4% and Southwest Georgia Financial Corporation ( SGB), up 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PacWest Bancorp Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.