Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Delphi Automotive ( DLPH) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Delphi Automotive as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DLPH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $134.2 million.
- DLPH has traded 20,305 shares today.
- DLPH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DLPH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DLPH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DLPH: Delphi Automotive PLC, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures vehicle components; and provides electrical and electronic, powertrain, safety, and thermal technology solutions for the automotive and commercial vehicle markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. DLPH has a PE ratio of 17.4. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Delphi Automotive a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Delphi Automotive has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Delphi Automotive has a market cap of $20.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 0.72 and a short float of 0.7% with 1.01 days to cover. Shares are up 12.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Delphi Automotive as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 125.58% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 47.50% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DLPH should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC increased its bottom line by earning $3.89 versus $3.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.90 versus $3.89).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Auto Components industry. The net income increased by 119.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $136.00 million to $298.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.83, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.11, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Delphi Automotive Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.