NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Envivio Inc (ENVI) shares were up 12.1% to $3.70 in aftermarket trading Tuesday.
The bump comes following the company's announcement that it had come to terms on a deal with Apple (AAPL) to power premium live HD sports channels on Apple TV for a European Tier 1 service provider.
"We are the leaders in adaptive bitrate compression and video processing innovations for Internet and over-the-top TV, and continue to enhance our solutions by providing support for a broad range of devices and formats, including Apple TV and the related content protection technologies," said Envivio's president and CEO Julien Signes.
TheStreet Ratings team rates ENVIVIO INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate ENVIVIO INC (ENVI) a SELL. This is driven by several weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its disappointing return on equity."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ENVIVIO INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ENVIVIO INC is rather high; currently it is at 66.80%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -16.34% is in-line with the industry average.
- ENVI has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.14, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- This stock has increased by 68.30% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in ENVI do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- ENVIVIO INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, ENVIVIO INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.46 versus -$0.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.28 versus -$0.46).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ENVI Ratings Report