Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Southern ( SO) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Southern fell $0.44 (-1.0%) to $43.50 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,795,861 shares of Southern exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,393,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.47-$43.91 after having opened the day at $43.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.94. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Ellomay Capital ( ELLO), down 3.3%, Cadiz ( CDZI), down 3.3%, GreenHunter Resources ( GRH), down 2.6% and PG&E ( PCG), down 1.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Southern Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.