Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Frontier Communications ( FTR) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Frontier Communications fell $0.10 (-1.8%) to $5.60 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 21,327,012 shares of Frontier Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,576,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $5.55-$5.71 after having opened the day at $5.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.70. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: Astea International ( ATEA), down 18.3%, Alteva ( ALTV), down 10.4%, Giga-tronics ( GIGA), down 8.3% and Vicon Industries ( VII), down 8.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Frontier Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.