Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BRE Properties ( BRE) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, BRE Properties fell $1.78 (-2.8%) to $61.00 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 11,194,341 shares of BRE Properties exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 570,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $61.00-$63.30 after having opened the day at $62.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.78. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: JGWPT Holdings Inc Class A ( JGW), down 12.3%, Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), down 5.7%, American Spectrum Realty ( AQQ), down 4.8% and LGI Homes ( LGIH), down 3.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full BRE Properties Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.