Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cablevision Systems ( CVC) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.9%. By the end of trading, Cablevision Systems fell $0.30 (-1.8%) to $16.57 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,919,149 shares of Cablevision Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,411,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.55-$17.00 after having opened the day at $16.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.87. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: Tiger Media ( IDI), down 15.0%, YOU On Demand Holdings ( YOD), down 13.8%, RLJ Entertainment ( RLJE), down 4.7% and Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia ( MSO), down 1.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Cablevision Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.