Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. RenaissanceRe Holdings ( RNR) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, RenaissanceRe Holdings fell $1.36 (-1.4%) to $96.24 on average volume. Throughout the day, 656,875 shares of RenaissanceRe Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 766,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $95.90-$97.27 after having opened the day at $96.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $97.60. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: American Independence Corporation ( AMIC), down 3.6%, National Security Group ( NSEC), down 3.3%, PartnerRe ( PRE), down 3.0% and Tiptree Financial ( TIPT), down 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full RenaissanceRe Holdings Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.