Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Capital ( ACAS) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, American Capital fell $0.16 (-1.0%) to $15.63 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,630,895 shares of American Capital exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,763,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $15.58-$15.88 after having opened the day at $15.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.80. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Paulson Capital ( PLCC), down 6.1%, RENN Global Entrepreneurs Fund ( RCG), down 3.5%, CM Finance ( CMFN), down 3.3% and KCG Holdings ( KCG), down 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Capital Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.