Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Medicines Company ( MDCO) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Medicines Company fell $4.40 (-15.5%) to $24.02 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,956,202 shares of Medicines Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 971,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.53-$24.69 after having opened the day at $23.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.42. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Prana Biotechnology ( PRAN), down 17.9%, Bio-Path Holdings ( BPTH), down 14.7%, Reliv' International ( RELV), down 11.4% and Galectin Therapeutics ( GALT), down 11.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Medicines Company Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.