Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Gerdau ( GGB) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Gerdau fell $0.18 (-2.8%) to $6.23 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,366,743 shares of Gerdau exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,150,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $6.20-$6.52 after having opened the day at $6.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.41. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), down 19.4%, Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), down 9.5%, Dejour Energy ( DEJ), down 9.5% and James River Coal Company ( JRCC), down 9.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Gerdau Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.