Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, MetLife rose $0.64 (1.2%) to $53.44 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,904,761 shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,838,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $53.21-$54.43 after having opened the day at $54.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.80. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Phoenix Companies ( PNX), up 6.9%, Kingsway Financial Services ( KFS), up 6.7%, eHealth ( EHTH), up 4.3% and Independence Holding Company ( IHC), up 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.