Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Herbalife ( HLF) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Herbalife rose $0.93 (1.6%) to $58.20 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,902,581 shares of Herbalife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,825,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.70-$58.35 after having opened the day at $57.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.27. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Coldwater Creek ( CWTR), up 40.0%, Amira Nature Foods ( ANFI), up 8.0%, Verso Paper ( VRS), up 6.2% and Tredegar Corporation ( TG), up 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Herbalife Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.