Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PPG Industries ( PPG) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.8%. By the end of trading, PPG Industries rose $3.18 (1.6%) to $196.64 on light volume. Throughout the day, 544,966 shares of PPG Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 916,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $193.38-$196.72 after having opened the day at $195.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $193.46. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Balchem Corporation ( BCPC), up 22.8%, Amyris ( AMRS), up 19.0%, Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 14.9% and BioAmber ( BIOA), up 9.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PPG Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.