Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Hasbro ( HAS) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Hasbro as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HAS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.2 million.
- HAS has traded 38,211 shares today.
- HAS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HAS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HAS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HAS: Hasbro, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides children's and family leisure time products and services worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. HAS has a PE ratio of 25.4. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Hasbro a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Hasbro has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Hasbro has a market cap of $7.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.41 and a short float of 11.4% with 11.64 days to cover. Shares are down 0.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hasbro as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for HASBRO INC is rather high; currently it is at 52.36%. Regardless of HAS's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.12% trails the industry average.
- HASBRO INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HASBRO INC reported lower earnings of $2.17 versus $2.54 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.20 versus $2.17).
- HAS's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.83 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.32 is sturdy.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Hasbro Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.