Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified NVIDIA Corporation ( NVDA) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified NVIDIA Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NVDA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $176.5 million.
- NVDA traded 15,050 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:00 AM.
- NVDA is up 3.7% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NVDA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NVDA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NVDA: NVIDIA Corporation operates as a visual computing company. The company operates through two segments, GPU and Tegra Processors. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. NVDA has a PE ratio of 24.6. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate NVIDIA Corporation a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. The average volume for NVIDIA Corporation has been 8.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NVIDIA has a market cap of $9.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 11.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NVIDIA Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, NVDA's share price has jumped by 40.63%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, NVDA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for NVIDIA CORP is rather high; currently it is at 58.36%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.83% trails the industry average.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.31, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 5.39 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- You can view the full NVIDIA Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.