Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Las Vegas Sands ( LVS) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Las Vegas Sands as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LVS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $411.0 million.
- LVS traded 12,564 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:00 AM.
- LVS is up 2.5% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LVS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LVS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LVS: Las Vegas Sands Corp. develops, owns, and operates integrated resorts in Asia and the United States. The company owns and operates The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, Sands Cotai Central, the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, the Plaza Casino, and the Sands Macao in Macau, the People's Republic of China. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. LVS has a PE ratio of 29.9. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Las Vegas Sands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Las Vegas Sands has been 4.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Las Vegas Sands has a market cap of $62.8 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.96 and a short float of 1.1% with 1.07 days to cover. Shares are down 0.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Las Vegas Sands as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 32.07% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 37.23% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LVS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP has improved earnings per share by 32.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.79 versus $1.85 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.78 versus $2.79).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income increased by 32.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $434.78 million to $577.54 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Las Vegas Sands Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.