Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Mills ( GIS) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, General Mills rose $0.52 (1.0%) to $51.82 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,962,001 shares of General Mills exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,294,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.49-$52.00 after having opened the day at $51.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.30. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Cal-Maine Foods ( CALM), up 9.2%, Lifeway Foods ( LWAY), up 5.8%, China New Borun Corporation ( BORN), up 4.8% and Origin Agritech ( SEED), up 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Mills Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.