Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates VENTAS INC as a "buy" with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate VENTAS INC (VTR) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- VTR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- VENTAS INC has improved earnings per share by 8.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, VENTAS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.66 versus $1.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.67 versus $1.66).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 25.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $86.27 million to $108.44 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $359.33 million or 26.74% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.91%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: VTR Ratings Report