Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PG&E ( PCG) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, PG&E fell $1.75 (-4.0%) to $41.89 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 12,597,781 shares of PG&E exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,748,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $41.57-$42.57 after having opened the day at $41.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.64. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Fuelcell Energy ( FCEL), down 5.4%, U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), down 4.0%, Delta Natural Gas Company ( DGAS), down 3.5% and Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), down 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full PG&E Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.