Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. AbbVie ( ABBV) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, AbbVie fell $0.68 (-1.3%) to $50.98 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,205,211 shares of AbbVie exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,655,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $50.89-$52.13 after having opened the day at $51.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.66. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: LipoScience ( LPDX), down 19.6%, Conatus Pharmaceuticals ( CNAT), down 15.6%, Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation ( TKMR), down 14.5% and Spherix ( SPEX), down 12.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full AbbVie Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.