Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Biogen Idec ( BIIB) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.8%. By the end of trading, Biogen Idec fell $15.64 (-5.0%) to $294.12 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,530,032 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,564,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $292.67-$314.19 after having opened the day at $305.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $309.76. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Conatus Pharmaceuticals ( CNAT), down 15.6%, Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation ( TKMR), down 14.5%, Exelixis ( EXEL), down 12.4% and Clovis Oncology ( CLVS), down 12.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.