Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Axiall ( AXLL) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Axiall fell $0.75 (-1.7%) to $44.39 on average volume. Throughout the day, 917,488 shares of Axiall exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 951,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.01-$45.67 after having opened the day at $45.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.14. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Whiting USA Trust I ( WHX), down 35.1%, Metabolix ( MBLX), down 14.3%, Lightbridge ( LTBR), down 11.8% and MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), down 10.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Axiall Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.