Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. FirstEnergy ( FE) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, FirstEnergy rose $0.53 (1.6%) to $34.08 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,659,441 shares of FirstEnergy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,923,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.43-$34.08 after having opened the day at $33.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.55. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Clean Energy Fuels Corporation ( CLNE), up 3.6%, Ormat Technologies ( ORA), up 3.3%, CPFL Energy ( CPL), up 3.1% and ForceField Energy ( FNRG), up 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full FirstEnergy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.