Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Staples ( SPLS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Staples rose $0.32 (2.9%) to $11.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,638,385 shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,996,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $11.10-$11.42 after having opened the day at $11.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.05. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Pantry ( PTRY), up 2.6%, Francescas Holdings ( FRAN), up 2.3%, Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation ( BGFV), up 2.2% and Container Store Group ( TCS), up 2.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Staples Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.