Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. State Street ( STT) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, State Street rose $0.76 (1.1%) to $68.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,525,266 shares of State Street exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,829,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $68.25-$69.17 after having opened the day at $68.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.23. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: BofI ( BOFI), up 14.4%, Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio ( VBFC), up 7.4%, Atlantic Coast Financial ( ACFC), up 4.3% and Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group ( SMFG), up 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full State Street Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.