- MFRM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.7 million.
- MFRM has traded 1,168 shares today.
- MFRM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MFRM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MFRM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MFRM: Mattress Firm Holding Corp., through its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty retailer of mattresses, and related products and accessories in the United States. MFRM has a PE ratio of 28.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Mattress Firm a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Mattress Firm has been 256,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Mattress Firm has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. Shares are up 8.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Mattress Firm as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- MATTRESS FIRM HOLDING CORP has improved earnings per share by 13.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, MATTRESS FIRM HOLDING CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.54 versus $1.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.95 versus $1.54).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, MATTRESS FIRM HOLDING CORP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 58.94% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- MFRM's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.67 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 0.34 is very low and demonstrates very weak liquidity.
- You can view the full Mattress Firm Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.