Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ingersoll-Rand ( IR) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Ingersoll-Rand fell $0.82 (-1.4%) to $55.70 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,730,627 shares of Ingersoll-Rand exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,419,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $54.40-$56.16 after having opened the day at $56.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.52. Other companies within the Industrial industry that declined today were: China Ming Yang Wind Power Group ( MY), down 11.0%, Altair Nanotechnologies ( ALTI), down 10.8%, China BAK Battery ( CBAK), down 8.7% and PMFG ( PMFG), down 8.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ingersoll-Rand Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.