Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Fortune Brands Home & Security ( FBHS) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Fortune Brands Home & Security fell $0.57 (-1.4%) to $40.20 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,147,792 shares of Fortune Brands Home & Security exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,391,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $39.83-$40.93 after having opened the day at $40.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.77. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: EveryWare Global ( EVRY), down 51.2%, Kid Brands ( KID), down 18.1%, Fuwei Films (Holdings ( FFHL), down 12.8% and Malibu Boats Inc Class A ( MBUU), down 9.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Fortune Brands Home & Security Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.