Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Citigroup ( C) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Citigroup fell $2.71 (-5.4%) to $47.45 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 112,182,887 shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 28,007,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.11-$48.20 after having opened the day at $47.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.16. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: Southwest Georgia Financial Corporation ( SGB), down 4.9%, MSB Financial Corporation ( MSBF), down 4.8%, Peapack Gladstone Financial Corporation ( PGC), down 4.6% and First BanCorp ( FBP), down 4.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.