Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Eagle Materials ( EXP) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Eagle Materials rose $1.91 (2.3%) to $85.24 on average volume. Throughout the day, 757,679 shares of Eagle Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 660,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $82.96-$85.32 after having opened the day at $83.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $83.33. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Perma-Fix Environmental Services ( PESI), up 20.8%, Nuverra Environmental Solutions ( NES), up 7.6%, Gafisa ( GFA), up 7.2% and Louisiana-Pacific ( LPX), up 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Eagle Materials Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.