Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Covidien ( COV) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Covidien rose $1.41 (2.0%) to $71.90 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,453,705 shares of Covidien exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,042,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $70.55-$72.00 after having opened the day at $70.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.49. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: Orthofix International N.V ( OFIX), up 14.5%, Escalon Medical Corporation ( ESMC), up 10.1%, Hansen Medical ( HNSN), up 5.1% and OraSure Technologies ( OSUR), up 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Covidien Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.