Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Amgen ( AMGN) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Amgen rose $2.18 (1.8%) to $122.29 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,521,053 shares of Amgen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,391,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $120.50-$123.98 after having opened the day at $121.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $120.11. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Northwest Biotherapeutics ( NWBO), up 15.1%, Genvec ( GNVC), up 13.7%, Inovio Pharmaceuticals ( INO), up 12.7% and MEI Pharma ( MEIP), up 12.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Amgen Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.