Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Wells Fargo ( WFC) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Wells Fargo rose $0.60 (1.2%) to $49.10 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 28,959,086 shares of Wells Fargo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 17,061,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $48.65-$49.79 after having opened the day at $49.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.50. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Broadway Financial ( BYFC), up 8.5%, Bank Bradesco ( BBDO), up 8.3%, Grupo Financiero Santander Mexico SAB de CV ( BSMX), up 6.4% and Mackinac Financial Corporation ( MFNC), up 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Wells Fargo Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.