Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Brookfield Office Properties ( BPO) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Brookfield Office Properties as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BPO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $111.4 million.
- BPO is up 5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BPO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BPO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BPO: Brookfield Properties Corporation is a publicly owned real estate investment firm. The firm engages in the ownership, development, and management of premier commercial properties and also invests in core-plus office buildings. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. BPO has a PE ratio of 10.1. Currently there are no analysts that rate Brookfield Office Properties a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Brookfield Office Properties has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Brookfield Office has a market cap of $9.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are up 0.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Brookfield Office Properties as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 40.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- BROOKFIELD OFFICE PPTYS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, BROOKFIELD OFFICE PPTYS INC reported lower earnings of $1.89 versus $2.23 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Management & Development industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 55.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $342.00 million to $152.00 million.
- You can view the full Brookfield Office Properties Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.